women in islam
please follow every single instruction as provided. its a 6 page review essay. follow the Guidelines for Writing the Critical Review in the file provided.
Critical Review Assignment (30%)
Please prepare a 6-8 page (12Font/double-space/APA style) critical review paper. Follow the guidelines and instructions below for this assignment.
1. Choose one of the four pre-selected articles for your critical review assignment.
2. Familiarize yourself with how to write a critical literature review. See below for some general guidelines but also review/read other critical reviews online to familiarize yourself with style and content.
3. Your review essay should also include 3-5 additional scholarly references to help build and substantiate your points. These must be books and/or academic journal articles (note: course readings and lectures can be included but do not count as your 3-5 additional scholarly sources).
Critical Review Paper
Choose only one of the following articles for this assignment:
Dr. Asifa Quereshi-Landes
“What if Sharia Weren’t the Enemy? Rethinking International Women’s Rights Advocacy on Islamic Law”
Dr. Homa Hoodfar
“The Veil in Their Minds and On Our Heads: The Persistence of Colonial Images of Muslim Women”
http://www.umass.edu/wost/syllabi/spring06/hoodfar.pdf(Opens PDF document)
Dr. Sherene Razack
“Imperiled Muslim Women, Dangerous Muslim Men and Civilised Europeans: Legal and Social Responses to Forced Marriages”
Dr. Asma Barlas
“Does the Qur’an Support Gender Equality? Or, Do I have the autonomy to answer this question?”
Guidelines for Writing the Critical Review
Some issues you may want to include in your review are:
1. What are the key questions/issues raised by the authors of the dossiers you have selected?
2. What are some of the important or overlapping themes in the articles?
3. What are some of the author’s basic assumptions or concepts?
4. Outline points where you agree or disagree with the author’s analysis and provide support for your views.
5. Are the issues raised by the author relevant? How so? Provide examples.
Keep in Mind:
• Writing a critique does not mean negatively criticizing or providing only negative evaluations of the readings. Evaluate both strengths as well as weaknesses as part of your critique.
• Do not summarize the articles in detail, offer an overview of the key points.
• Connect your review to the broader themes in the course.
• Make sure to integrate the course readings where relevant. Connect your readings to other articles in the course reader and look for thematic ties that can strengthen your analysis.
NB: Criteria for Marking Written Assignments
The quality of writing, such as style, organization, argumentation, analysis, clarity and format will strongly affect the grading of your written work. Successful papers will integrate information from both course readings and lectures. All written work must be typed and properly referenced.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.