Systems Engineering And Analysis
This is a 6 questions that I need to be answered correctly in accordance with the class book.(ISBN # 978-0-13-221735-4 Author: Benjamin S. Blanchard/Wolter J. Fabrycky).
Chapter IV Homework
2. Describe how specific resource requirements (i.e. hardware, software, people, facilities, data, and elements of support) are derived from the functional analysis.
3. Describe the steps involved in transitioning from the functional analysis to a “packaging scheme” for the system. Provide an example
4. Refer to the allocation in figure 4.6. Explain how the quantitative factors (i.e. TPMs) at the unit and assembly levels were derived.
8. Describe by what is meant by interoperability? Why is it important?
9. Describe what is meant by environmental sustainability? Identify some specific objectives in the design for such.
10. Why is the design for security important? Identify some specific design objectives.
11. What is meant by design criteria? How are they developed? How are they applied in the design process?
12. Refer to figure 4.1. Why is the development of a specification tree important? What inherent characteristics should be included?
22. Briefly identify some inputs and outputs for the system design review, the equipment/software design review, and the critical design review.
23. On what basis are formal design reviews scheduled? What are some of the benefits derived from conducting design reviews?
24. How are supplier requirement determined? How are these requirements passed on to the supplier?
Chapter V homework
1. What are the basic differences between conceptual design, preliminary system design, and detail design development? Are these stages of design applicable to the acquisition of all systems? Explain.
2. Design constitutes a team effort. Explain why. What constitutes the make-up of the design team? How can this be accomplished? How does system engineering fit into the process?
4. Refer to figure 5.1. What are some of the advantages of the concurrent approach in design? Identify some of the problems that could occur in its implementation.
5. Refer to figure 4.4 and 4.8. As the system engineering manager on a given program, what step would you take to ensure the proper integration of requirements occurs across the three life cycles (hardware, software, and human) from the beginning?
7. Why are design standards (as applied to component parts and processes) important?
8. Why are engineering documentation and the establishment of a design database necessary?
10. Describe how the application of CAD, CAM, and CAS tools can facilitate the system design process? Identify some benefits. Address some of the problems that could occur in the event of misapplication.
12. What is the purpose of developing a physical model of the system, or an element thereof, early in the design system process?
13. What are some of the differences between a mock-up, an engineering model, and a prototype?
19. In evaluating the feasibility of an ECP, what considerations need to be addressed?
21. What is configuration management? When can it be implemented? Why is it important?
Chapter VI homework
1. How are the specific requirements for system test, evaluation, and validation determined?
3. Describe the basic categories of test and their application. How do they fit into the total system evaluation process?
4. Refer to figure 2.4. How is evaluation accomplished in each of the phases shown (i.e. Blocks 0.6, 1.5, 2.3, 3.4, and 4.4)?
5. What special test requirements should be established for systems operating within a higher level system of systems (SOS) structure? Identify the steps required to ensure compatibility with the other systems in the SOS configuration.
8. Why is it important to establish the proper level of logistics and maintenance support in conducting a system test? What would likely happen in the absence of adequate test procedures? What would likely happen in the event that the assigned test personnel were inadequately trained? What would likely happen in the absence of proper test and support equipment? Be specific.
9. Why is it important to develop and implement a good data collection, analysis, reporting, and feedback capability? What would likely happen in its absence?
12. How would you evaluate the adequacy of the system’s supporting supply chain? What measures are required?
13. How would you measure and evaluate system sustainability?
16. Why is configuration management so important in the implementation of the “system test, evaluation, and validation” process?
17. Why is the “feedback loop” important (assuming that it is important)?
19. What benefits can be derived from good test and evaluation reporting?
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.