Sound and Editing in “Citizen Four”
1. Write an analysis of ONE of the documentaries we watched in either week eight or week nine. While your impressions and opinions of the film are certainly important, you should demonstrate a close engagement with the film that goes beyond summarizing it and listing what you found generally strong or weak about it. How does the film “draw us into a particular perspective on the world and invite us to experience the world in a distinct way?” First, what is the world depicted by the film and what perspective did you experience in watching it? How does the film engage the historical world it takes for its subject? To answer these questions, consider the film’s rhetorical use of at least two formal systems: cinematography, mise-en-scene, editing, and sound. (You might keep in mind the importance of sound for documentary). Choose one or two scenes that worked on you, that drew you in, and do a close reading and analysis of how those scenes articulate an appeal to their viewers. Do these scenes establish the film/filmmaker’s credibility, craft a convincing argument, and/or construct a compelling form of presentation or do all of these at once? Make at least one reference to the assigned readings, either Nichols or Lesage. Your essay should have a clear line of argumentation. Do not spend time giving plot summary or listing observations of specific terms you have learned over the quarter. This is a chance to build your own argument about a film using the skill set you have developed over the duration of the course.
For this assignment, you will write a 1500-1750 word essay on ONE of the prompts listed below. The paper should demonstrate your ability to do a critical analysis of a film or films, using specific visual, formal, and/or narrative details as evidence to support a credible and convincing argument. Your essay should demonstrate your knowledge of the conventions of visual culture you have learned throughout the course and in lab assignments. Those lab skills include: precise textual description as the basis for close textual analysis, formal analysis of mise-en-scene, cinematography, sound, and editing, and analysis of specific types of films (e.g. genre). The specific types of film this assignment focuses on include documentary, autobiographical documentary, and independent feature film. The word length for this assignment is short, so make every word count and structure your argument carefully. For each prompt, narrow your discussion of the relevant films to either one or two scenes, or characters, or specific conflicts, or formal structures or endings. This tactic will ensure that your essay will not get lost in unfocused plot summary
As Americans hold on to the belief of full fled freedom and humans have a natural fear of the unknown, these two feelings contradict one another and play on feelings of fear in this movie.
1) Opening scene – how it sets the tone for the movie through the imagery and sound creating a void of unknown questions. It
2) How info validates the fear
3) Built of tension thought the movie causes distress during the fire alarm scene
4) Sound recreating an empty void as – gets ready in the hotel room and listened to news
5) How editing and sound complement each other
PLEASE USE TWO OR THREE SCENES AS EXAMPLES FROM THE MOVIE
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.