SLP 4 financial analysis simulations
Module 4 – SLP
FEEDBACK LOOP AND ORGANIZATIONAL LEARNING
In the Module 4 SLP, you will develop your own pricing strategy, running the simulation at least twice. Your objective is to earn the highest cumulative profit, and to expand market share to the greatest extent possible. In this final SLP, you will continue to compete with new entrants; in SLP4, however, the pricing policy of competitors will be more aggressive (i.e., competitors will be increasingly inclined to undercut your pricing).
For this final SLP, go to “Settings” page, and change the following:
1) Competitor Price Policy – Low
2) Entry for New Competitors – On
3) Be sure to SAVE your changes.
For the Module 4 SLP, you are asked to complete the simulation, making pricing decisions at 2-year intervals. Leave the process improvement percentage at 5%. Note that you will again need to monitor the market share and financial performance of new entrants into the Solar Power industry. Also, you will now find competitors’ pricing to be more highly aggressive.
Run the complete 18-year simulation two times. For each simulation run, keep track of the pricing decisions you make at each of the four decision intervals. Also, keep your results (note key metrics like market share of new entrants vs. your company’s market share, revenue, margins, profitability, etc). Give justification for your pricing decisions, and using key data, compare your results between Simulation Run #1 and Simulation Run #2.
Keys to the Assignment
The key aspects of this assignment that should be covered and taken into account in preparing your 5 page paper include:
1. Include discussion and analysis of key metrics at the end of each decision point (e.g., among other data, be sure to include total market share, revenue, cumulative profit, consumer net price, modular price, unit cost, etc.). As an MBA, it is your job to identify cause and effect!
2. Using Excel, provide a comparative analysis of key data to demonstrate the differences between the results of Simulation Run #1 vs. Simulation Run #2 at key decision points. It is your job to determine which data (and which comparisons) are most significant. Don’t merely recite the data you’ve collected, however – instead, analyze the data! As an MBA, what does it tell you?
3. Comment on the impact of the more highly aggressive pricing strategies used by competitors. What has been the effect of aggressive competitor pricing on your results (profitability, market share, cost to consumer, etc.)?
4. What recommendations would you give to a newly-hired CFO who will be responsible for setting pricing for the company going forward? If you were responsible for orientation of the new CFO, what lessons learned, pricing/ marketing strategies, and other recommendations might you have? Be specific.
**** NOTE: The 5 page requirement includes written analysis and all supporting tables, figures, and graphics. However, it does not include Cover or Reference page. If you are unsure how to complete a financial analysis, please review the following sample report:
Gilbert O’Neil Mushure. (2014). Financial analysis report: Malaysia airlines 2007 – 2011. International Journal of Sciences : Basic and Applied Research, 14 (2), 148-153.
Also refer to the following source on business writing:
O’Hara, C. (2014, November 20). How to improve your business writing. Harvard Business Review. Retrieved from https://hbr.org/2014/11/how-to-improve-your-business-writing?utm_campaign=Socialflow&utm_source=Socialflow&utm_medium=Tweet
SLP Assignment Expectations
Your paper will be evaluated based on the Rubric.
Please note the following tips and suggestions:
• Include a cover page and reference page, in addition to the 5-6 pages of analysis described above.
• Include headings for all papers greater than two pages (basically all papers), but do not use headings as “space fillers.”
• Cite and reference all sources that you use in your work, including those that you paraphrase. This means include citations and quotation marks for direct quotes of more than five words, and citations for that information which you have “borrowed” or paraphrased from other sources.
Hints for success!
Throughout this SLP, you will be asked to make business decisions under conditions of incomplete information and uncertainty. To do so, you will need to make assumptions based on what you have learned throughout the MBA program about how markets operate. Thus, your strategies in approaching this decision need to rely on models, financial analysis, and theories from such classes as Economics, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Strategy, and Quantitative Analysis. In addition, the simulation will give you some additional market information as you progress.
Be sure to explicitly draw on concepts and theories from the courses you have taken throughout the MBA program. That means you need to “think like an MBA” and use the financial data you are given. You will have to crunch some numbers and present your data analysis professionally by creating some simple tables, charts and graphs.
SLP Assignment Format
Decision Point 1
Market Share (use these same secondary headings for all decision points)
Consumer Net Price
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.