Research on Cancer
Research on CANCER
• Competency 1: Describe the organization of the human body at increasingly complex levels.
o Describe cancer in biological terms at the levels of the cell.
o Describe the steps in the progress of a specific type of cancer.
• Competency 2: Explain homeostasis as it relates to human biology.
o Explain how cancer disrupts homeostasis.
• Competency 5: Evaluate the objectivity and legitimacy of biology information found in articles and online.
o Identify a quality and appropriate scientific information source on a biological topic.
• Competency 6: Apply biological concepts to factors related to human health.
o Describe lifestyle choices that might aid in the treatment or prevention of a specific type of cancer.
• Competency 7: Communicate effectively in a variety of formats.
o Write coherently to support a central idea in appropriate format with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics including correct APA format and citations.
Fundamentally, cancer is a failure of the immune system. Cancer kills because it spreads and disturbs homeostasis. For this assignment, research and then describe a specific type of cancer of your choosing. You should complete the following for this assignment:
• Identify the type of cancer you are going to research. Generally, explain what it is and what part of the body it affects.
• Describe the cancer in biological terms at the level of the cell and at the level of the major organ system it affects.
• Explain the characteristics of cancer cells that distinguish them from normal cells.
• Consider how the disease affects the body as it progresses or spreads. What are some specific aspects of homeostasis that the spreading disease could affect? What self-regulating systems are upset because of this disease?
• Discuss the therapies available for treatment of this specific type of cancer.
• Discuss the lifestyle choices that might aid in prevention or treatment of this type of cancer.
In order to complete the assignment, you will need to find quality, appropriate, and credible outside resources that provides research on a specific type of cancer. Places where you can find these types of sources would be the Capella library and sometimes the Internet. Complete the following steps in preparation to completing your assignment:
12. Review Chapter 11 of your Visualizing Human Biology text, and choose the specific type of cancer you will be researching for this assignment.
13. Review “Top 100 List: Health Websites You Can Trust” from this unit’s readings, which will help you prepare for this paper. This resource from CAPHIS will be of particular help in selecting the sources.
14. Select the sources you want to use for your assignment. Note: Your sources should be reliable. Points will be deducted for citing unreliable sources such as Wikipedia, unless otherwise specified by your instructor. These types of sites have user-generated content and can be useful as starting points for your research. The reason they are considered unreliable is that they are not peer-reviewed and, in the case of Wikipedia, anyone can add an entry or change an entry. Hence, these types of sources should not be cited in college-level research papers. However, you may find Wikipedia useful in finding other resources and links that are reputable and reliable. You will find these listed at the end of the entries.
Prior to submitting, read the Researching Cancer Scoring Guide to ensure you have met all of the requirements for the assignment.
Note: If you would like to take advantage of peer feedback before you submit this assignment, post your paper in the optional discussion in this unit. Provide questions, issues, or difficulties you may want your peers to specifically look at.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.