Topic: Reformations and The Printing Revolution
In an essay of at least 350 words, answer these 3 questions, as a Graduate level essay.
1. Why was the Roman Catholic Church able to meet the Protestant challenge (1500–1650) and deny the new churches control over most of Europe?
2. Why was the invention of printing with movable type so important for the development of western civilization?
3. What did you learn that was new or surprising?
Be sure to write this an essay, and cite accordingly. You MUST use the required text, and may feel free to use any of the recommended readings or any of your own, but
you MUST use the Required, and make citations.
This is to be the REQUIRED READING for this essay.
James D. Tracy, Europe’s Reformations, 1450–1650: Doctrine, Politics, and Community. 2nd ed. (Lanham, MD: Rowman and Littlefield, 2006).
1. Susan C. Karant-Nunn, “Continuity and Change: Some Effects of the Reformation on the Women of Zwickau,” The Sixteenth Century Journal 13, no. 2 (1982): 17–42
2. Roland H. Bainton, “Interpretations of the Reformation,” The American Historical Review 66, no. 1 (1960): 74–84.
3. Hans J. Hillerbrand, “Was There a Reformation in the Sixteenth Century?” Church History: Studies in Christianity and Culture 72, no. 3 (2003):525–552.
4. Martin Luther’s letter to the Archbishop of Mainz, 1517.
5. Martin Luther’s tower experience, 1519.
6. Pope Leo X, Exsurge Domine.
7. Andrew Pettegree and Matthew Hall, “The Reformation and the Book: A Reconsideration.” The Historical Journal 47, no. 4 (2004): 785–808.
8. Robert M. Kingdon, “Social Welfare in Calvin’s Geneva.” The American Historical Review 76, no. 1 (1971): 50–69.
9. A. Gordon Kinder, “The Reformation and Spain: Stillbirth, By-Pass, or Excision?” Reformation and Renaissance Review 1, no. 1 (1999): 100–125.
10. Mack P. Holt, “Wine, Community and Reformation in Sixteenth-Century Burgundy.” Past and Present 138, no. 1 (1993): 58–93.
11. P. G. Lake, “Calvinism and the English Church, 1570-1635.” Past and Present 114, no. 1 (1987): 32–76.
12. Sara T. Nalle, “Inquisitors, Priests, and the People during the Catholic Reformation in Spain.” The Sixteenth Century Journal 18, no. 4 (1987): 557–587.
13. G. W. Bernard, “The Church of England c. 1529-c. 1642.” 75, no. 244 (1990): 183–206.
14. John Bossy, “The Counter-Reformation and the People of Catholic Europe.” Past and Present 47, no. 1 (1970): 51–70.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.