public Health Management
EXERCISE 13: Questions for Review and Discussion
Instructions: After reading Chapter 26 “Budgets and Cost Control”, answer the ten review questions presented below. You are encouraged (but not required) to refer to other chapters in the book, outside resources, and the Power Point slides to support your responses. Please use proper citation as needed (APA style). You should be able to answer each question sufficiently in 2-3 sentences. Please limit your entire response (including the questions) to less than 750 words. Your responses should be thoughtfully organized and free from typos. Each question below is worth 2 points for a total of 20 points possible.
1. Often the productivity of a work group decreases following a layoff even though there is more work to be done overall. Why might this be so?
2. In budgeting, why are funds for operating expenses and funds for capital expenditures always kept separated?
3. Describe one set of circumstances under which a supervisor may be largely powerless to affect a particular expense charged to the department.
4. Is overtime expense fully controllable, partially controllable, or not at all controllable by the supervisor? Explain.
5. If the numbers say the organization has to reduce 20 positions, and 20 employees leave via resignation and retirement, why might it still be necessary to reduce positions further and even engage in some hiring?
6. How can benchmarking assist the supervisor in determining whether a staff reduction may be necessary?
7. What conditions or circumstances in your own department should you consider before deciding to reduce staff?
8. The term “reengineering” literally means “engineering again.” Why is so much so-called reengineering not true reengineering?
9. As a department supervisor, why might you often not get what you have asked for in the capital budget?
10. What information can the department supervisor often supply to finance or information services that can help in developing revenue projections?
Required Textbook: McConnel, C.R. Umiker’s Management Skills for the New Health Care Supervisor, 6th edition, Jones and Bartlett, Sudbury, MA 01776, 2014, ISBN: 9781449688851less
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.