Course Project: Community Advocacy Project—Local Government
Course Project: Community Advocacy Project—Local Government
To prepare for this section of the Course Project:
• Review the Evans and Degutis article. Reflect on how you, as an advocate, can use your knowledge of the government’s basic structure and processes to make your advocacy efforts more effective.
• Research your local government. Think about processes, procedures, and functions of your local government—how your municipal government works.
• Identify whether your local government is run by a city council, how many people are on the council, and whether a mayor presides over the council. If your local government is not run by a city council, determine which legislative body runs your local government.
• Think about whether you would present your selected public health issue to your city council, county board, and/or any other special boards or committees. Consider how you would present the issue to this group.
• Review the Piotrowski article. Reflect on transparency in local governments, and consider whether the work of your local government is transparent.
• Identify local representatives, and explain how local officials and members of committees are elected or selected. If elected, consider whether they are elected via ward, precinct, or by top vote.
The Project (2–3 pages)
To complete this section of your Course Project, address the following:
• Describe processes, procedures, and functions of your local government.
o Explain whether your local government is run by a city council, how many people are on the council, and whether a mayor presides over the council. If your local government is not run by a city council, describe the legislative body that runs your local government.
o Determine whether you would present your selected public health issue to your city council, county board, and/or any other boards or committees.
o Explain how you would present the issue to this group.
o Explain whether the work of your local government is transparent, and how.
o Identify your local representatives, and explain how local officials and members of committees are elected or selected.
Support your Project with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. You are asked to provide a reference list for all resources, including those in the Learning Resources for this course.
• Piotrowski, S. J., & Van Ryzin, G. G. (2007). Citizen attitudes toward transparency in local government. The American Review of Public Administration, 37(3), 306–323.
Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
• Evans, C. H., & Degutis, L. C. (2003). What it takes for Congress to act. American Journal of Health Promotion, 18(2), 177–181.
LC Degutis. Copyright 2003 by the American Journal of Health Promotion. Used by permission of the American Journal of Health Promotion via the Copyright Clearance Center.
• United States House of Representatives. (n.d.). The legislative process.Retrieved from http://www.house.gov/content/learn/legislative_process/
• United States Senate. (n.d.). Legislative process: How a senate bill becomes law. Retrieved from http://www.senate.gov/reference/resources/pdf/legprocessflowchart.pdf
• U.S. Government Printing Office. (2010). Ben’s guide to U.S. government. Retrieved from http://bensguide.gpo.gov/
• Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2012). Public health policy process. Baltimore, MD: Author.
“Public Health Policy Process” Transcript
• American Public Health Association. (2012). American public health association. Retrieved from http://www.apha.org/
• OpenSecrets.org. (2012). Lobbying database. Retrieved from http://www.opensecrets.org/lobby/
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.