Topic: Conduct a thorough SWOT analysis on Norwegian Cruise Line
• Understand the current trends affecting the tour and cruise industries
• Share your research with other students in the class
• Start using your analytical and written skills in a formal analysis of the travel industry
Conduct a thorough SWOT analysis on one of the following cruise lines:
• Disney Cruise Lines
• Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines
• Carnival Cruise Lines
• Viking River Cruises
• AMA Waterways
• Holland America
• Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL)
• Seabourn Line
• American Cruise Lines
Strengths (internal, positive factors)
Strengths describe the positive attributes, tangible and intangible, internal to your organization. They are within your company’s control.
• What do you do well?
• What internal resources do you have? Think about the following:
o Positive attributes of people, such as knowledge, background, education, credentials, network, reputation, or skills.
o Tangible assets of the company, such as capital, credit, existing customers or distribution channels, patents, or technology.
• What advantages do you have over your competition?
• Do you have strong research and development capabilities? Manufacturing facilities?
• What other positive aspects, internal to your business, add value or offer you a competitive advantage?
Weaknesses (internal, negative factors)
Weaknesses are aspects of your business that detract from the value you offer or place you at a competitive disadvantage. Your company needs to enhance these areas in
order to compete with their best competitor.
• What factors that are within your control detract from your ability to obtain or maintain a competitive edge?
• What areas need improvement to accomplish your objectives or compete with your strongest competitor?
• What does your business lack (for example, expertise or access to skills or technology)?
• Does your business have limited resources?
• Is your business in a poor location?
Opportunities (external, positive factors)
Opportunities are external attractive factors that represent reasons your company is likely to prosper.
• What opportunities exist in your market or the environment that you can benefit from?
• Is the perception of your business positive?
• Has there been recent market growth or have there been other changes in the market the create an opportunity?
• Is the opportunity ongoing, or is there just a window for it? In other words, how critical is your timing?
Threats (external, negative factors)
Threats include external factors beyond your control that could place your strategy, or the business itself, at risk. Your company has no control over these.
• Who are your existing or potential competitors?
• What factors beyond your control could place your business at risk?
• Are there challenges created by an unfavorable trend or development that may lead to deteriorating revenues or profits?
• What situations might threaten your marketing efforts?
• Has there been a significant change in supplier prices or the availability of raw materials?
• What about shifts in consumer behavior, the economy, or government regulations that could reduce your sales?
• Has a new product or technology been introduced that makes your products, equipment, or services obsolete?
A minimum of 3 trade publications or magazine articles are to be used. NOTE: A simple “Google” search will not necessarily get you where you want to go – use INDUSTRY
resources – trade magazines, company websites, interviews, etc. Consider visiting the library for assistance finding sources.
GALILEO Spring password is: bunk
The paper should be between 1200-1500 words (4-5 full pages) in length, double-spaced. Your cover page and references pages are not considered a part of your word/page
This essay will be graded on form and content, so watch your spelling and grammar. Use the APA Style Manual for specific guidelines on layout, formation, reference
citation styles, etc. as defined by Diana Hacker in “Rules for Writers”. Pay close attention to in-text citations and crediting your sources in the Works Cited page.
Include your sources of information in correct format including full URLs for all sources found online. Note that Microsoft Word can help you with formatting APA
Important note: scholarly papers such as this should NOT include personal references. You should write this paper without references to I, me, or you. This type of
report analyzes the research and draws conclusions based upon it. It does not require your personal opinion.
Outline of Paper:
Cover Page 1 page
Content 4-5 pages
Works Cited Page 1 or more pages
Exclude: Running headers
Note that plagiarism detection software is used on all papers. Any paper that returns a 50% or higher similarity percentage will be returned to the student to be
rewritten. The student will also incur late paper penalties if the final paper is not submitted by the due date.
APA Style Reference
Must be submitted on Blackboard NO LATER THAN 11:59pm on March 6, 2016
See syllabus for late assignment policy.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.