Introduction to Community and Population Health: HSHA 332
“A Community Health Approach”
Your textbook focuses on a variety of subjects that are recognized issues within communities, as well as the public in general. However, for this research project we will focus more on the community. Select a subject issue from the list provided below, and follow the roadmap.
? Health of the elderly
? Maternal, infant, and child health issues
? Adolescents and young adults
? Adult health issues
? Mental health issues
? Alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs
? Environmental health and safety
? Racial and ethnic populations
Treat this roadmap as a guide. I do not expect that every item below pertains to your subject, but it’s designed to provide direction. With that said, the student is expected to use available information that is relevant to the subject matter at hand. Add additional information/items as necessary.
1. Briefly define your subject, and discuss how your subject is considered a community health issue.
a. How is it a problem?
b. Why is it a problem?
c. What population(s) are affected?
d. What health issues are involved?
• Health problems
• Health risks
• Various illnesses
2. Provide a detailed account of your subject’s history within the community. In other words, has it always been an issue within the community? At what point in time was it considered a community health issue?
3. From the list above, at a minimum, select two other subjects that have a direct affect on your particular subject. Discuss the interrelationship between your subject and the other subjects you have chosen. How are they linked?
a. Describe the direct impact and/or affect the other subjects have on your subject.
b. What is the direct impact and/or affect within the community?
c. What is its overall health impact within the community?
4. Health care.
a. What is the impact on the health care system?
b. Is there an issue with the delivery of health care?
5. Addressing the problem: community involvement, program development, and program implementation.
a. How will you organize the community regarding your health issue?
b. How will you get the community involved?
c. What program(s) will you put in place to address the issue(s)?
• What health education program(s) will you develop? Describe.
• What type of health promotion program(s) will you develop? Describe.
d. Is a disease prevention program applicable? Explain.
e. What about your interventions?
Things to Include:
1. In your discussion you are to provide statistics and data in support of your talking points (i.e., health outcomes, morbidity rates, mortality rates, etc.).
2. Your response should focus on certain demographics or population groups that are affected (i.e., children, adults, seniors, male or female, certain age groups, etc.), or you may provide an all-inclusive general discussion, singling-out a specific population where appropriate.
3. Keep in mind, the information on the first page should be used as a tool to help guide your discussion. It is up to you to determine the “what,” “where,” “why,” and “how,” regarding the subject matter you choose to discuss.
4. A minimum of three sources are required; the textbook can count as one. At least two identifiable sources will need to come from journals and other sources.
Hint: The “references” at the end of the chapters of your textbook, can be very valuable sources.
Grading: Among other things, your paper will be graded partially for its substance, the information used from the sources cited, and the quality of content in your paper.
Point Deductions: Among other things, points will be deducted for the following:
• Misspelled words, incorrect use of words, missing or incorrect use of commas (colons, semi-colons, apostrophes, etc.).
• Incorrect syntax (sentence structure).
• Obvious overuse of small paragraphs (as a means of taking-up space and filling-up the page), and obvious creation of space (as a means of taking-up space and filling-up the page).
• Ten (10) points will be deducted for every page not completed. Keep in mind, this paper is a required eight-page minimum. So, for example, if you only submit 6 pages, twenty (20) points will automatically be deducted; ten points for each missing page.
Paper Formatting & Submission Instructions
1. The paper must contain at least 8 full-length pages.
2. 12-point Times New Roman font, double-spaced text, and one-inch margins all around.
3. Include page numbers.
4. Adhere to a recognized writing style for formatting citations throughout the paper, and the bibliography.
5. Provide transitions to the next topic/subject matter that are clear.
6. Have clear topics introducing the subject matter being discussed.
7. The title page and bibliography does not count toward the required page total.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.