Water Treatment Report – Assignment 1
• Read these instructions prior to commencing the assessment
• Non conformance may result in penalisation
• You may find it helpful to read through the whole assignment before starting to answer the first question;
• You should certainly read through the whole assignment before starting to answer any part of it;
• Note the wording of assignment, in particular the action verbs and ensure that you answer the question asked and not the one that you think should have been asked!
• These are science modules, hence your answers should be scientific in tone
• Where required, present arguments that are logical and contain statements which are supported by scientific information expressed in the correct scientific terminology;
• Your tutor will not look favourably on over-generalised discursive writing that fails to address the points at issue;
• For most written answers, credit will be given for the overall ‘quality’ of the writing – for clarity, structure, appropriate style, as well as for the content and it should be in UK
In this assignment, the following module learning outcomes will be assessed:
• compare and contrast specific strategies and technologies associated with the control of water pollution and of water treatment;
• compare and contrast specific strategies and technologies associated with the control and monitoring of major air pollutants;
• evaluate the effectiveness of the strategies and technologies in terms of environmental impact, and legal and economic considerations;
• monitor and evaluate group dynamics and processes;
• present information, ideas and viewpoints to different audiences;
• evaluate the effectiveness of problem solving processes and outcomes;
• explain concepts and theories clearly and cogently;
• assess information from a wide variety of sources.
Presentation of the Assignment
• Present your arguments / answers in clear UK English with a good standard of grammar.
• When answering questions requiring calculations and data presentation, remember to:
– present your answer clearly;
– include all steps in a calculation;
– use SI units;
– give your answers to an appropriate number of significant figures;
– give all graphs, tables and diagrams a title; clearly label axes on graphs.
• It is essential that all work that is not your own is referenced (see Plagiarism)
• Where reference is made to legislation, guidelines and principles, state the full name and date.
• All texts should be referenced using the Harvard System.
• Assignments which are poorly referenced and/or overuse web-based only sources of information will be penalised.
Description of assignment
With reference to a particular source of effluent (e.g. urban runoff, domestic effluent, or from a specific industry e.g. dairy processing, paper production etc.), critically evaluate the quality
and problems associated with the untreated effluent, how the effluent can be treated, and the EU /UK legislative and policy drivers for the current position.
The assignment must address the following aspects
• The report must evaluate the source of the effluent on a national and international scale.
• Quantify the problems caused by the effluent if released into the environment, the scale of the impact, and the techniques used to treat the effluent, together with any potential
developments in treatment. How those potential adverse effects are mitigated by treatment
• Recent advances in the treatment of that wastewater, and the requirements of meeting legislative requirements.
All sections must be supported by actual examples.
It is up to you which source of effluent you choose, but be careful to ensure that there is sufficient information available to allow you to undertake a high quality piece of work.
• All texts should be referenced using the Harvard System. An on-line referencing tutorial is available via the University Skills Hub
It is not acceptable to only use one reference source for each industry. Your references should come from journals and high quality scientific publications (NOT text books or web sites). Minimum
number of references: 20.
Word limit: 2,000 words (excluding tables and references).
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.