Topic: Warming Frozen Breast Milk
Evidence Based Practice (EBP) Clinical Paper
1. The purpose of this exercise is for students to have the opportunity to see in the clinical setting how hospital RN’s relate to EBP interventions in their practice and then compare with research supported literature the practice intervention chosen.
2. Learn how to conduct EBP research and find EBP guidelines.
3. Write observations and express ideas in APA format.
SKILLS TO DEVELOP:
Observation, oral communication skills (interview), EBP research, and written communication skills using logic and critical thinking.
1. Identify a staff RN with whom you have worked in a clinical setting.
2. Explain to the RN that you would like to complete an assignment by observing him/her performing a nursing practice intervention then asking a few questions about how and why it was performed that way – note that individual RNs will not be identified in class discussions, only observation and interview themes.
3. Observe the RN performing a discrete intervention (e.g. changing a dressing, educating a patient on a specific module, assessing one or more vital signs). Students are encouraged to NOT make medication administration a focus of this activity.
4. As soon as possible after the observation, ask the RN the questions listed in the boxes below. Be sure to be non-judgmental and thank the RN for assisting you with this activity. Please write your answers in complete sentences with explanations. A yes or no answer will not receive credit.
ACTIVITY 1: Write Up (from interview questions) Clinical Setting
• A. Why did you perform the [intervention] in this manner?
• B. From what source(s) did you learn do perform it this way?
• C. What other acceptable ways are there to perform this intervention?
ACTIVITY 2: Locate and answer -Clinical setting. Locate and review the policies, protocols, procedures or standards (on TCBC website or Mosby’s) available in that clinical setting related to the intervention you observed, and answer the second set of questions listed below with explanations.
• D. Are there policies/protocols/procedures that define practice standards for this intervention? Were there any references used to support the policy/procedure?
• E. Do the written standards include dates of development and review or modification and when was the last review or revision?
• F. Did the RN you observed perform the intervention according to those standards?
ACTIVITY 3: Research and write (outside clinical setting). Using the information search strategies you have learned previously, locate the best published evidence regarding recommendations related to the intervention you observed and complete the third set of questions below. Be sure to cite at least 3 peer reviewed medical or nursing journals in your evidence that are published within the last 5 years.
• G. How difficult was it for you to locate quality, relevant, timely evidence?
• H. How do the policies/protocols/procedures compare with the best evidence you located?
• I. How does the observed RN’s performance compare with the best evidence you located?
• J. Critically thinks by giving a detailed plan to how they should change if needed or how they can update practice.
ACTIVITY 4: Reflect and write (outside clinical setting). Finally, include a reflective journal entry of no more than one page describing your conclusions and reactions to this exercise.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.