Visual Design Analysis
From billboards to magazine articles, we are surrounded by visual arguments and visual design. Like a writer’s tone or word choice, visual components can be powerful tools in conveying messages to an audience. This assignment asks you to choose a visual work and to write an analysis in which you explore the visual design components of the piece. You will also make an argument about the work’s effectiveness in conveying a message to its audience.
1) Choose a visual work. This may be an advertisement, a photograph, a magazine article with images, a blog post with images, etc. Whatever you choose, be sure the visual work is making or contributing to an argument.
2) Brainstorm about the visual design. Who is the audience of this work? What about the design or image might appeal to them? What are the visual components (imagery, font, headers, charts, etc.) that seem significant to you, and why?
3) Write your analysis. Your analysis should describe the visual work and the message you feel it attempts to convey. It should also analyze why and how the visual work is or is not effective in conveying this message to the audience. Your paper should contain a thesis statement in which you present your argument about this visual work.
• At least 1,000 words (4 double spaced pages)
• MLA format (no title page, 4 line heading upper left of first page, last name/page # in upper right of each page, one inch margins)
• Works Cited page containing the citation for your visual.
In this project, you will learn to think critically about visual design and analyze its effectiveness in making arguments. You will also learn the importance of thinking about audience.
• The paper effectively demonstrates critical thinking and analysis about the visual work. There is more than simple sharing of observation here: the writer has made an argument about the effectiveness of the visual work for its intended audience. This argument is made clear in the writer’s thesis.
• The writer uses details that are carefully selected and thoughtfully developed; they contribute significantly to the writer’s analysis. The vivid and specific description is engaging for the reader.
• Essay organization adds to the effectiveness of the paper. The writer includes effective structural cues to help readers to follow the organization of ideas. The introduction is engaging and appropriate; the conclusion emphasizes the focus and provides closure.
• Essay is edited and polished to meet expectations of a college audience.
• Essay shows clear signs of revision from the rough draft.
Due Dates (subject to change): Rough Draft (6/8); Revised Draft (6/11); Final Paper (6/15)
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.