The Application of Theory
The Application of Theory
The purpose of this assignment is to use nursing theory as a way to resolve a problem or issue occurring within nursing leadership, nursing education, nursing informatics, health policy, or advance
Requirements & Description of the Assignment:
One nursing theory will be presented as a framework to resolve a problem occurring within one of the professional areas of leadership, education, informatics, healthcare policy or advance clinical
practice. The same nursing theory selected in Assignment One may be used to resolve the identified problem.
A specific nursing theory must be used (No non-nursing theories are permitted – The nursing theory for this paper is: Conti-O’Hare’s Theory of the Nurse as Wounded Healer. A category of nursing
theory (grand, middle range, practice) may not be used—only a specific, published nursing theory is to be selected and applied to the issue or concern important to the profession of nursing as
documented in the nursing literature.
Please note: Do not rely on .com sites to identify the nursing theory as they do not provide accurate information in all cases.
The introduction for this paper includes:
1. A nursing theory is required (non-nursing theories may not be used).
2. General statements on the idea of nursing theory being applied to solve problems/issues in nursing practice (the problem for the paper is lateral violence in Nursing).
3. A one-paragraph summary of the selected specific nursing theory is required.
4. References from nursing literature are required. Here is a good article about the selected topic (Christie, W., & Jones, S. (2014). Lateral Violence in Nursing and the Theory of the Nurse as
Wounded Healer. Online Journal Of Issues In Nursing, 19(1), 1. doi:10.3912/OJIN.Vol19No01PPT01)
Description of Issue or Concern:
The selected issue or concern must be clearly identified as being significant to the professional area of advanced clinical practice. The issue or concern must be presented comprehensively, but
concisely by answering each of the following questions.
1. What is the specific issue or concern being presented? So you can express concern about lateral violence in nursing).
2. Why should the nursing profession care about this issue or concern?
3. What does the nursing literature have to say about this issue or concern including its frequency of occurrence?
4. Who are the stakeholders or the people affected by the issue or concern?
5. References from nursing literature are required.
Application of Selected Nursing Theory to Issue or Concern:
This section of the assignment focuses on using the selected nursing theory to resolve the described issue or concern. Required information includes:
1. Restating the selected nursing theory to be used (Conti-O’Hare’s Theory of the Nurse as Wounded Healer)
2. Identification of one strategy useful in resolving the identified issue or concern.
3. The strategy should be presented in depth with the following information being required:
• A specific description of how the selected nursing theory can help to resolve the issue or concern
• A specific and detailed description of the strategy to be used
• A specific and detailed description of how the strategy can be implemented
• A specific and detailed description of one suggestion for future research into either the selected nursing theory or selected issue or concern.
4. References from nursing literature are required.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-Free
Confidentiality / 100% No Disclosure
Money Back Guarantee
24/7 Customer Support