Systems Thinking – The Key to Sustainability
Please refer to this rubric to successfully complete your assignments keeping in mind the given grading criteria.
Rubric for Assignment-2
Criteria/value 0-20 points 20-35 points 35-50 points
Content Major required topics are missing completely or lacking adequate consideration Most required content areas are addressed minimally. All required content areas are addressed and covered in depth using a variety of documented sources.
Paper length and structure Paper is well below required length, No structure present.
Information is not organized in sections with headings and compiled in list style. Paper meets the minimum required length, there is a reasonable structure. Some sections are not
placed in right place and do not provide the necessary information. Paper meets the required length and ideas are fully developed with clarity and brevity, structure of the paper is clear. For example introduction clearly outlines all major points. Conclusion flows from the body of paper.
Documentation Paper lacks many elements of correct formatting such as citations, title page, references, page numbers Paper follows most guidelines. contains slight errors Paper follows proper formatting with all required components.
References and support Includes no references or supporting experience. Uses personal experience, but no references to readings or research. Uses references to literature, readings, or personal experience.
Quality of writing and proof reading Paper contains numerous grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors. Language is confusing and hard to follow throughout. Paper contains few errors in grammar, punctuation and spelling. Language is understandable. Paper contains no errors in grammar, punctuation or spelling. Language is clear and precise. Language syntax is smooth and academic.
Assignment 2: Product Life Cycle
Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) is a tool for examining the total environmental impact of a product through every step of its life – from obtaining raw materials all the way through making it in a factory, selling it in a store, using it in the workplace or at home, and disposing of it. In this assignment you will choose your preferred product and work through a simple life-cycle analysis. Because of the complexity of life-cycle analysis, the concept of this assignment is to introduce students to thinking beyond the final product bought at the store and disposed of later on. It is to encourage their understanding of the many processes that can be involved in product’s life-span from its manufacture, use, and maintenance, to its final disposal, including the raw material acquisition required to manufacture the product. This activity can be expanded as much as you desire but you are not expected to do any impact assessment. Please address the following issues only in the life cycle analysis.
1. Select one product of your choice for the analysis and list all the different types of materials (to you best guess) that the product is made of. For example, for leather shoe this list will probably include such items as leather, nylon, plastic, rubber, etc. Also add to the list the packaging materials (if applied) the product came in from the store (this could include cardboard boxes, tissue paper, plastic bags, paper bags, etc.)
2. Discuss the various components listed (i.e process involved). For example, for leather shoe, the leather comes from a factory that processes and cuts leather which is then delivered to the shoe manufacturer. Further back to the raw materials, the leather comes from cattle via a slaughterhouse and tanning factory.
3. Develop a type of flow chart similar to that in Figure 1 (example–shoe product) for several of the components of your preferred product to get across the idea that all the various parts are a result of a number of manufacturing processes. You may also consider reuse and recycling if there is any potential.
Figure 1: Flow chart for leather shoe production chain
4. Examine one of the manufacturing processes in depth and develop a chart such as the one illustrated in Figure 2 (which uses leather production as an example). Explore the concept that this process requires energy, water, and raw materials and produces a product (which goes on to the next step for further manufacturing) and air, water, or land pollution as well as solid waste.
Figure 2: Input and waste outputs from leather components of a tennis shoe
5. Discuss the impact this process has on the environment, the fact that all of the parts have some impact on the environment, and that everything we buy as consumers comes with an environmental price tag. Also provide a clear recommendation that minimizes the environmental impacts associated with the product.
Submission outline and directions
• Maximum length of the paper should be 1500 words (Arial 11pt., 1.5 spaced) excluding references.
• Provide response to each question and use reputable sources.
• Use APA citation style. Include a bibliography.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.