Sociologists study social phenomena that are relevant to them in terms of the social climate in which they live. Today’s climate involves:
• the aftermath of a war in Iraq that left Iraq ripe for Isis militants,
• a radical Sunni group determined to return Iraq to pre-war Sunni control,
• a struggling economic recovery from a deep recession at home,
• the crashing auto and housing industries resulting in huge unemployment and mass foreclosures, and
• a schism between political parties so wide that nothing is being accomplished as each party works diligently to stop the other party from passing legislation.
With all of this upheaval, it is not surprising that many sociologists are now researching and writing about terrorists, economic upheaval, and the loss of identity due to the loss of jobs.
During all of this turmoil, the first African American was elected President of the United States. Many changes have taken place since President Obama’s election and reelection to the White House. Few of these changes have been debated as much as the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
For this assignment, you will use your sociological imagination to ferret out some of the issues behind this debate.
• Go to the government healthcare website and find three facts about the ACA. List and describe each fact.
• Using your understanding of theory and the chart on page 17 of your textbook, explain how a functionalist, conflict theorist, and interactionist would explain the Affordable Care Act. Be sure to discuss the ACA in terms of each perspective’s view of the individual, social order, and social change.
o Do not debate the ACA itself. Rather, use these perspectives to understand how a sociologist studies the Act.
• In a sentence or two, describe your personal beliefs about the ACA.
• Use sociological imagination to explain how you developed your beliefs concerning the Act. Include a discussion of a minimum of two of the following: race, class, gender, religious and political affiliations, and how being part of these groups affects your thoughts on the Act.
• Finally, using the materials in Chapter 2, how might you study people’s beliefs about the ACA? Describe the steps you would follow in the research process to answer this question. Be sure to describe your study, the method, and a few specific questions you would ask.
Your response must be at least two pages in length, using the Times New Roman, 12-pt. font. Each part of the question should be completely answered in its own section. It is required that the sections use the following headings: Facts, Applying the Perspectives, Personal Beliefs, Sociological Imagination, and Research Process. Be sure you use in-text citations as well as an appropriate references page at the end, according to APA style.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.