Below is the directions to the assignment. I also attached a copy of what I submitted last week as my start up assignment. Please follow with that and add on in order to complete the assignment.
Review the Institute of Medicine’s (IOM) core healthcare competencies. Select ONE of the competencies that you will work on for developing a Leadership SMART Goal. You are to select one of the following competencies for YOUR SMART goal.
Managing Patient-Centered Care or
Working in interdisciplinary and/or interprofessional teams;
1. Create ONE leadership goal that is in the SMART goal format. You practiced this in the Week 3 Discussion, and received valuable feedback from your instructor and peers. Please refer to this as you work on the assignment.
S – Specific (Who besides YOU is involved in the goal, what is YOUR goal, where will it take place?)
M – Measurable (How are YOU going to achieve the goal?) Be specific with measureable outcomes.
A – Attainable (What resources and/or experts are available to assist YOU with attaining YOUR goal?)
R – Realistic (Is YOUR goal something that is realistically obtainable in YOUR professional practice?) Be specific.
T – Time bound (What specific dates or weeks will YOU accomplish each task related to your leadership goal?)
• Example NOT in SMART format: I will learn how to be a manager. This goal is lofty, not measurable, and unattainable in the time allotted, probably not realistic, and not time bound.
• Example in SMART Format: I will learn the disciplinary process of an employee who has excessive absences, by locating the organization’s attendance policy and meeting with the unit manager, reviewing peer-reviewed articles and credible websites to obtain information on the disciplinary process by Week 4 (or specified date).
Note: This particular example relates to Core Competency: Managing Patient-Centered Care.
This example is a SMART goal that is Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Time-bound.
o Who- Your name, or “I” Indicate others who may be involved.
o What- Learn the disciplinary process of employees who have excessive absences
o Where- Your organization
o How: Through locating the organization’s attendance policy and passing a quiz on the content of the policy.
o Resources and/or Expert: Meeting with the unit manager, reviewing peer-reviewed articles, and credible websites
o Realistically obtainable: Access to the organization, policies, and unit manager. Various resources are available.
o Specific dates: By Week 4 (or specific date)
2. Go to the Chamberlain library (http://library.chamberlain.edu) and search the databases (under Menu tab) to locate scholarly articles related to your SMART goal. Also, search for credible websites to gain insight into how to accomplish your goal.
3. Construct a plan of action to reach My Leadership SMART goal. Be specific by creating a timeline of when you plan on doing each action; explain how, when, and where you plan to communicate with an expert; and identify specific resources you will use to help you achieve your goal.
a. Example Plan of Action for above mentioned example:
o Seek approval to review the organization’s policies and schedule a meeting/interview with the unit manager by _____ (fill in date).
o Review the policies on disciplinary action by _____ (fill in date).
o Review the American Nurses Association website and peer-reviewed articles in the American Journal of Nursing and Journal of Advanced Nursing by _____ (fill in date).
o Evaluate the findings from the above resources by _____ (fill in date). Pass the quiz.
4. Write a scholarly paper that follows APA formatting guidelines. Organize your content logically and express your thoughts clearly. Use appropriate headers to separate sections of your paper. Check for any grammar or spelling errors before submission.
5. Submit your completed NR 447 My Leadership SMART Goal paper, which should be approximately six pages (excluding title page and references) to the Week 4 My Leadership SMART Goal Paper Dropbox by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 4. Note: This assignment is automatically submitted to Turn It In.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.