Salford Business School – Data Management
Wavery Foods are a small catering company based in Southampton that sell pre-prepared snacks and meals to local cruise tour companies and private yachts. The company has been operating since 2003 and has made a profit each year. Based in small premises near Southampton Docks, the company is run by its owner/managing director and employs 2 chefs and a delivery driver.
Although the company has a very small marketing budget, it has made many contacts through good word of mouth and has attracted many clients. The company’s most profitable clients are local businesses that run regular tours on the Solent and around the nearby coastline. In addition, many private yacht owners frequently order meals when entertaining or hosting conference events.
The company has a good range of snacks and meals on its menu, all of which are freshly prepared at the company’s premises. It also owns and operates a small van that is used for deliveries.
As Wavery Foods becomes more popular, the managing director is finding it difficult to handle all the paper work. He currently produces menus and invoices on word processor software installed on the company’s laptop. However, all order and client information is currently stored on paper-based forms and preparation sheets for the two chefs and delivery forms for the driver are written by hand.
The company’s managing director now wants a database to store this information and to generate reports. The database must be able to:
• Record client orders (including details of the client, the menu items that they ordered, and payment and delivery details.)
• Generate menus
• Generate chef preparation sheets for orders
• Generate delivery forms for orders
You have been contracted to design a database system that can satisfy the above needs and implement it in Microsoft Access.
The requirements of the assignment are as follows:
1. Draw an entity relationship diagram (ERD) for your system design including entities, relationships, cardinality and optionality. You should also resolve any many to many relationships.
2. Specify the attributes (table fields) for your system design and identify the primary and foreign keys.
3. Implement your database design, using MS Access. You should include appropriate tables, fields and properly set up the table relationships. Extra credit will be given for the use of additional functions such as input validation, lookup wizards, user-friendly interface designs etc.
4. Populate your database with appropriate test data (suggestion: minimum of 5 records per table). Ensure that the test data is sufficient to test fully each of the queries, forms and reports specified below.
Ensure that EVERY form and report includes the company name in the Header. You should also make sure that your data properly demonstrates the functionality of these queries, forms and reports.
1. List all orders with a total value of over £100 and the clients who placed them.
2. List the most expensive menu item(s) sold in the last month.
1. Create an input form to be used for the input of orders
2. Create an input form to be used for the input of menu items
1. Create a report which can be used as an invoice for orders. This should show the order and client details along with the items ordered and the total cost of the order. As this will be printed and given to clients it should have a professional appearance
2. Create a report which can be used as a menu. This will also be printed and given to clients and should have a professional appearance and an appropriate theme.
3. Create a report which can be used as a preparation sheet for the chef. This should include the menu items included in an order and any special preparation or dietary notes.
5. Create a report which can be used as a delivery form for the driver. This should include delivery details and allow a delivery to be signed for by clients.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.