After reading the attached article on the long-term political legacies of colonialism, answer the following eight questions:
1) Identify the independent and dependent variables. (1 point)
2) On p. 908, the author lists five factors that influenced the value taken by the independent variable in a particular country. How do you think each of these factors influences, if at all, the relationship between the independent and dependent variables? (1.5 points)
3) What are the criteria for a country’s inclusion in the author’s sample? How many countries fulfil these criteria to enter the sample? (1 point)
4) How does the author measure the independent and dependent variables? (1 point)
5) The author includes five control variables in his regression models. List them and explain why they are needed. (1.5 points)
6) Table 1 lists the results of four regression models. Focus on the aggregate score for the dependent variable.
(a) Is the relationship between the independent and dependent variables statistically significant? How do you know this?
(b) How do the four models differ? Does significance change across these models?
(c) Observe the variation in the adjusted R-squared for the four models. Explain why this variation might exist.
(d) How would you interpret the intercept in these models? (2
7) For the dependent variables analyzed in Tables 2 and 3, the regression coefficient for the independent variable tends to lose statistical significance in Model 4. At the same time, the control variables in some models are statistically significant. In the context of this article, how do we interpret these counterintuitive results? (1 point)
8) From the tables and the author’s analysis of them, highlight and explain the principal findings in the article. Do you find them persuasive? Why or why not? (1 point)
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.