Assignment 3: Social Network Analysis (20%) – 1,800 words
One important component of a person’s social life is his/her ‘social network’. A social network is defined as (i) all the people with whom an individual does activities with, and/or (ii) all the people who are important to an individual (regardless of whether each of those people has recently done an activity with the individual). Social network analysis is the study of the interface between an individual and the larger society within which he/she exists. The basic premise of social network analysis is to better understand human behaviour within a given community. One must look at the patterns of linkages that connect people, not solely at the attributes of the individual involved. The purpose of this assignment is to draw a diagram of a selected individual’s social network and to describe and analyse the pattern of relationships found in the diagram(s).
Social Network Analysis Report Requirements:
1. Introduction. Write a one paragraph introduction which presents the concept of social network analysis, and identifies what is included in your report.
2. Description of person. This should be a brief narrative description that includes information such as: age, gender, diagnosis, social and communication skills, daily activities, living arrangement, strengths, preferences, interests, etc. Ensure you indicate that a pseudonym is used to maintain confidentiality.
3. Methodology. Describe the process you used to gain informed consent (signed consent form), and collect data on the person’s social network (e.g., interviewed the person directly, interviewed parent or carer, interviewed identified friends, questionnaire, direct observation etc). Support your data collection method with references.
4. Social Network Diagram. Illustrate the person’s social network in a size A4 page diagram. The diagram should clearly indicate the number of people currently in the network, include symbols or ways to illustrate the roles people play in the person’s life, the quality of existing relationships, frequency of contact, and links (interconnection) to others in the network.
5. Results and Analysis. Describe and then analyse the person’s social network. Look for patterns, consider the density and composition of the person’s network and the types of relationships and supports available. How does the person (or those individuals interviewed) feel about his/her network? Discuss in what ways the network might be similar to or different from the network of a person of the same gender and similar age. Speculate why there might be such similarities or differences. How stable is the person’s network? Remember to link observations and analysis to the literature.
6. Recommendations for future development. Include clear recommendations/suggestions for expanding and/or enriching the person’s social network.
7. Conclusion. Provide one paragraph identifying the important points from the paper.
References: Please provide a minimum of 10 different academic references (journal articles and text books and wider literature) to support your statements. The APA referencing system is required for this topic.
PS Data collection has already been done, it’s just a matter of writing up the paper (refer to the assignment 3 document with an outline of what I’ve already written)
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.