Topic: Nutrition in Nursing
ASSESSMENT TASK 3: CASE STUDY WRITTEN RESPONSE
The aim of this assessment piece is to provide you with the opportunity to demonstrate application of knowledge and skills in the provision of written, client-specific optimal nutrition status and physical activity advice at an individual level in the context of nursing/ midwifery practice.
Word Count 2500 words
You must include a word count (including in-text referencing but excluding the reference list or any Appendices) at the end of your assignment. Word count more than 10% below or above that prescribed will be penalised by 10% deduction from the total available marks.
Following the education session (assessment task 2) an audience member approaches you to discuss diet and healthy lifestyle that is more specific to their individual circumstance. Continue using your assigned scenario from assessment task 2. Refer to the following page for more information relating to your scenario that has been obtained from the audience member. Prepare a written response to the subheadings and dot points listed below.
• Include an accurate statement of the topic that highlights the significance of the health issue identified in the scenario; and provide an accurate overview of the content of your written response.
• Identify and critically discuss the anthropometric measurements used for assessment of body composition.
• Identify evidence-based lifestyle recommendations as they relate to your scenario. Care Plan (person centered approach)
• Provide detailed, evidence-based recommendations for both optimal nutrition modification and physical activity. Recommendations should be specifically tailored, practical and sustainable in the long term.
• Discuss the role of a nurse in promoting optimal health outcomes as it pertains to your allocated scenario. Describe strategies that the nurse/midwife could use to support and promote client self- management of the identified nutritional and physical activity recommendations. When describing relevant self-management strategies, the identification of barriers and solutions and input from a multidisciplinary team (MDT) referral system should be considered. ?
• Include an accurate summary of the recommendations without introducing new information. References
• Integrate a range of high quality, relevant and current literature sources and guidelines throughout your report and use JCU APA 6th edition (2015) for both in-text referencing and the reference list.
Scenario 4 – A group of middle aged aborigional men.
You are a nurse working at the local Aboriginal Medical Service in an urban area. The Indigenous health worker Frank has organised a 12 week healthy lifestyle program for his middle aged (45- 55 years) overweight male clients. Frank has asked you to present the session on healthy eating.
One of the participants named Frank approaches you in the afternoon tea break following your education session. Frank is a 45 year old Aboriginal man originally from Normanton, a small town in northwest Queensland. He tells you that many of his family members have diabetes and some have even died from cardiovascular disease. Frank has a young family and wants to ensure he is around to see his kids grow up, but he feels that it’s only a matter of time before he is diagnosed with diabetes because it runs in his family.
He says ‘I know my belly is big, probably bigger than it should be, but everyone in my family is big, I guess we are just big boned’. Frank says during the week he enjoys having a hamburger and chips from the local take away shop. He works for a local transport company in the office, so walking to the shop for his lunch allows him to stretch his legs and get up from the computer.
1. Anthropometric measurements (5 marks allocated)
-Sophisticated understanding as evidenced in the use of current quality literature to identify and critically discuss the use of relevant and sustainable anthropometric measurement options; and to identify evidence-based and relevant lifestyle recommendations for healthy weight.
2. Nutrition and physical activity recommendations (15 marks allocated)
-Sophisticated understanding evidenced in the use of current Australian guidelines and quality literature to identify and discuss compelling and multifaceted nutrition and physical activity recommendations that can be implemented and sustained in the long term.
3. Nurse led role (15 marks allocated)
-Sophisticated understanding of the nursing/midwife role in providing patient care as evidenced by discussion of a compelling and multifaceted set of strategies that support highly effective self- management.
4. Report writing structure, style, syntax and mechanics and adherence to APA referencing convention (5 marks allocated)
-Exceptional standard of academic writing that includes:
• an insightful introduction ?and conclusion as evidenced by accurate statement of the topic, overview of contents and summary of findings
• highly effective sequencing and structure of paragraphs
• highly fluent writing style and accurate grammar and spelling. ?Accurately cites sources in- text and compiles reference list, according to APA referencing style.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.