MGMT 313, Fall 2015: Team Project
This is an opportunity to put all the knowledge and concepts you gained throughout the semester into a practical perspective. You will follow the flow of the course to apply what you learned in class to prepare your own business. Your job as a team is to prepare an report outlining your business from an operations perspective. You can work in groups of up to 4 students total. You should do the appropriate research (e.g. talking to operations managers in companies similar to your proposed business, online resources, etc.). You may choose a goods or services based firm.
Your team will submit a written report (uploading a softcopy onto turnitin.com as well as a hardcopy of the report in class on the assigned due date on syllabus) and deliver a short (10 minute) presentation for the class during the last week of classes. Your report will cover the following topics:
• Strategic direction; including mission, competitive dimensions, order qualifiers, order winners, etc.
• Flow chart for the operations of the company
• Facility location using factor weighting method
• Capacity planning for facilities, equipment, and workforce (including breakeven analysis)
• Quality assurance (including the use of six sigma tools)
• Supplier selection and cooperation
• Inventory management methods selected (e.g. single period, continuous, periodic)
***References: Be sure to include a list of any references you used for the report as well as citing them within the paper itself.
The breakdown for the grading of the paper will be as follows:
1. Project Design (Based on the project content, depth of analysis, conclusions, and recommendations):
– Executive Summary (0.5 points)
– Strategic direction (1 point)
– Flow chart (1.5 points)
– Facility Location (1 point)
– Capacity Planning (1 point)
– Distribution (1 point)
– Quality Assurance (1.5 points)
– Supplier Selection (1 point)
– Inventory Management (1 point)
– Conclusion (0.5 points)
2. Team Work (Based on peer evaluation, observations from the instructor, and presentations):
– Fulfillment of Responsibilities, team morale, and cohesiveness (2 points)
3. Communications (Project Report and Presentation)
– Project Report (correct grammar, clear flow and style of the paper, etc.) (1 point)
– Presentation (smooth delivery and clear explanation) (2 points)
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.