Jurlique: Globalizing Beauty from Nature and Science
– less than 5 internet sources
– The length of your paper should be 2,500-3,000 words. This does not include references and appendices; that is, the body of paper should be between 2,500 and 3,000 words.
GUIDELINES AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR ASSESSMENT 2
“Jurlique: Globalizing Beauty from Nature and Science”
Harvard Business School Case Number 9-314-087, March 24, 2014
This assessment exercise is designed to facilitate the following three Student Learning Outcomes. The marking criteria are developed in the context of these outcomes.
SLO2: Analyse complex business situations using appropriate theories and techniques.
SLO4: Generate solutions to problems in contemporary organisations.
SLO6: Communicate complex business ideas.
The length of your paper should be 2,500-3,000 words. This does not include references and appendices; that is, the body of your paper should be between 2,500 and 3,000 words.
Weighting: This assessment counts for 45% of your final mark in this subject.
Type of Collaboration: Individual Assessment
1. The ability to consider multiple perspectives and explain how they are relevant to this case (10% of total mark);
2. The use of theoretical and conceptual arguments to support and critique aspects of the case (20% of total mark);
3. The ability to make credible decision-relevant conclusions backed by argument and relevant information (35% of total mark);
4. The logical and argumentative quality of the essay (15% of total mark); and,
5. The linguistic quality of the essay (e.g., grammar and style) (20% of total mark).
Style and Format:
This assessment is to be written as an academic essay focused on a case study. If you need guidance on how to write academic, case-based essays, there are plenty of guidelines available on the web. The style and format are to be consistent with the requirements of both the Sydney Business School and conventional protocols of graduate-level case analysis. Please read these requirements carefully in the handbook provided to you. The font size should be 12, lines should be double-spaced, all pages should be numbered at the bottom right of the page, and printing should be double-sided (that is, print on the front and back of the page).
The case is to be submitted to the lecturer in hard-copy format at the BEGINNING of the lecture in Week 10 (Tuesday of that week for the Sydney section and Friday of that week for the Wollongong section). Please note that this is one week later than the due date that was originally indicated on the subject outline. The change is due to the fact that we will not meet class during Week 9. As with all submissions, a Turnitin report should accompany your paper.
Assessments will be returned at the beginning of the lecture in Week 11.
Your essay should include three sections: (1) an introduction; (2) the body of your paper comprised of your responses to the items listed below; and, (3) a conclusion.
The body of your paper should be comprised of your writing about each of the following six items. You must provide reasoned arguments to support your writing.
1. What do you see as the four major challenges that Jurlique faces as it moves forward as a global business? Give reasons why you see each of these as a major challenge.
2. There is much written in the case about the history of Jurlique as a company. Discuss the two most important aspects of Jurlique’s history as they are relevant to the challenges that Jurlique faces now.
3. Jurlique seems to face challenges associated with different consumer preferences in different countries. What are those differences? How would you suggest that Jurlique manage those differences?
4. Global business challenges sometimes arise from differences in the laws in different countries. Jurlique faces these differences in both Japan and in China. Explain what these differences are. How would you suggest that Jurlique manage these differences?
5. Jurlique had numerous ownership and management changes throughout its recent history. Discuss the problems that gave rise to these ownership changes. How did ownership and management changes contribute to the challenges that you identified in your answer to question 1?
6. Develop a brief business strategy for Jurlique as it moves forward. Discuss how Jurlique should “brand” its products (e.g., “green, organic, cosmetic, high-priced, mid-priced, or low-priced” etc). What global markets should Jurlique focus on? Should these be national markets or city-based markets? Do you think that Jurlique should be developing African markets? What sort of social responsibilities challenge Jurlique going forward and how should Jurlique respond to those challenges.
Remember: In addition to writing about these six items, you need an introduction and a conclusion.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.