History 17B: Summer 2015, Final Examination
Instructions: Write a typed, double spaced, two page essay response (minimum) from each part of the examination. Please footnote using the Chicago Manual of Style, using the following sources: Give Me Liberty, Vol. 2, Voices of Freedom, Vol.2 and the course lecture notes. Do not use Internet sites, period! This will lead to the student earning a zero on the examination. Please deliver hard copy only during your final examination period, July 9. 2015. This is a mandatory course meeting.
Essay-Part 1: Answer one question from the part of the examination.
1. Was the Kennedy presidency a continuation of the Eisenhower presidency? Explain.
2. Explain how liberalism went beyond the New Deal in the “Great Society” policies of the Johnson administration?
3. Compare the transformation of Republican Party (from center-right to right) and the Democratic Party (center-left to centrist) from 1980 to the present day. Explain what caused this transformation.
4. Vietnam was a flashpoint of the Cold War. Explain the continuity of the U.S. policy towards Vietnam from Eisenhower to Nixon. Why it was difficult for U.S. Presidents to pursue peace with North Vietnamese?
5. Why was Watergate a constitutional crisis in the United States? Was there a lasting political legacy from Watergate?
6. How can the Clinton presidency be categorized, liberal, conservative or something else?
7. Explain how lying to justify going to war is a continuity in US foreign policy from
Vietnam War to the Iraq War.
8. How did a number of trends shape conservative behavior in the 1950’s: the Red Scare, consumerism, cultural conformism, and segregation?
Essay-Part 2: Pick one document from the following:
1, Use Document 166, Voices of Freedom, 259-261 to explain the critique of U.S. consumer society made by C.Wright Mills.
2. Use Document 169, Voices of Freedom, 268-271 to explain Martin Luther King’s defense of direct action and non-violent protests.
3. Use Document 170, Voices of Freedom, 272-274 to explain conservative critique of liberalism by the Young Americans for Freedom.
4. Use Document 173, Voices of Freedom, 282-288 to explain the New Leftist, Students for Democratic Society’s ideals for changing American society.
5. Use Document 175, Voices of Freedom, 290-294, to outline the statement of purpose of the National Organization for Women (1966) by feminist Betty Friedan.
6. Use Document 178, Voices of Freedom, 301-303 to make arguments for the Equal Rights Amendment.
7. Use Document 179, Voices of Freedom, 303-307 to examine Barry Commoner’s warnings about our lack of attention to pollution and environmental destruction.
8. Use Document 181, Voices of Freedom, 311-315 to explain Christian Right spokesperson Jerry Falwell’s fundamentalist creed.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.