Learning Outcomes tested in this assessment (from the Module Descriptor):
• Models: gain; dynamic systems; block diagram algebra; differential equations; first order; second order; transfer functions; Laplace transform
• Inputs, graphs and equations: step; overshoot; delay time; rise time; settling time; damping and damping ratio.
Assessment Criteria/Mark Scheme:
Mark scheme broken down in assignment details
Nature of the submission required:
A written assignment of not more than 2000 words with appropriate diagrams.Handwritten will be acceptable due to the complexity of algebraic derivations
Instructions to students:
Working individually, you are to answer all parts of the assignment. Joint reports are not allowed and similar reports will be penalised according to the Assessment Regulations for Northumbria Awards (ARNA)
If referencing of material is required, use the Harvard system
Expected size of the submission:
Maximum of 2000 words – a 10% deduction to the achieved score will be made if the assignment exceeds this.
You must adhere to the university regulations on academic conduct. Formal inquiry proceedings will be instigated if there is any suspicion of misconduct or plagiarism in your work. Refer to the University’s regulations on assessment if you are unclear as to the meaning of these terms. The latest copy is available on the university website, or contact K.Corner, Curriculum Leader, in room L107.
1. Use fundamental electrical principles to derive a mathematical model for the above circuit? [ 10 marks ]
2. Show how the model can be manipulated into the form of the standard 2nd order transfer function in terms of time constant and damping ratio. Derive subsidiary models for system constants? [ 10 marks ]
3. Apply a 12V input as a step change to the transfer function and convert the result into an expression for Vout in the time domain? [ 10 marks ]
4. For values of R = 100 ? , C = 20 µF and L = 2.0H produce a graph of Vout against time using an appropriate scale to show response time.? , comment on the graph? [ 10 marks ]
5. For the component values given what is the value of peak overshoot and settling time to within 5% of final value? [ 4 marks ]
6. Design a controller using a combination of proportional, Integral or derivative control that you consider appropriate. [10 marks ]
7. Using your controller in series with the process show how the output peak overshot and settling time can be improved.
8. How did you arrive at parameters for your controller settings
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.