Foods and Nutrition Program
Critique of a Weight Loss Diet
A. Select a weight-loss diet from the popular literature (magazine, book, newspaper, Internet, commercial program). Examples: Select a diet from the current popular media.
B. Turn in a copy of the diet with the answers to the following questions.
1. Describe how the diet plan works. What is the major premise promoted by the diet?
2. Is this a diet you could live with indefinitely? Why? Or Why not?
3. Evaluate whether the plan offers a nutritionally sound way to lose weight. What characteristics make it sound or unsound?
4. Does the diet provide a reasonable number of calories (= 1200 calories)?
5. What is the recommended rate of weight loss for this diet? Is this a healthful rate?
6. Is there balance and nutritional adequacy in this diet; are all food groups included in the daily diet? If not, which group(s) is missing?
7. Is the diet plan flexible enough to allow for personal preference and variety in food selection?
8. Are there any Red Flags? [Note: If you answer “Yes” to one or more of these questions, you may have identified a fad diet. Remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!]
a. Does the diet make spectacular promises such as “eat-all-you-want” or “melt fat away”
b. Does the diet offer a promise of quick, easy, effortless, weight loss?
c. Does the diet promise rapid weight loss (> 2 lbs. per week)?
d. Does the diet promise results without cutting calories or exercising?
e. Does the diet use words such as “breakthrough,” “miracle,” “secret remedy,” or “exclusive”?
f. Is the diet based on pills, supplements, or special formulas?
9. Does the diet or diet program take individual differences into account to determine caloric needs?
10. To what extent does the diet plan educate the client about nutrition, behavior modification, and the importance of increasing physical activity?
11. Does the diet plan or program discuss a weight maintenance plan after the goal weight is achieved?
12. Does the diet or diet program refer you to professionals such as a registered dietitian or physician?
13. What is the nature of the advertisements or endorsements for this diet?
14. How much will the diet cost? Can you afford it?
Please send me a copy you use to Select a weight-loss diet from the popular literature (magazine, book, newspaper, Internet, commercial program) or current popular media.
Please remember to write the number of the question answered. Please focus on the Question when answered.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.