This assignment provides the opportunity for the student to conduct a formal concept analysis of one concept found in a nursing theory using an identified framework.
Description of the Assignment
The purpose of this 6-8 page paper (not including the title page or reference page in the page count) is a formal concept analysis of one concept found in a nursing theory, adapting the methodology of Walker and Avant (2010, pp. 157 – 179). The book by Walker and Avant is not available electronically. This book is not needed in order to succeed with this assignment. A summary of the steps in this method is found at the end of this document.
Any nursing theory may be used to find a concept for analysis. Only one concept is analyzed.
As part of the concept analysis, a focused review of scholarly literature is conducted, using a minimum of 3(three) scholarly sources related to the selected concept. A formal literature review can be extensive in critiquing all the relevant literature about a specific topic or area of knowledge. In this assignment, that level of effort is not required. What is expected is an integrated discussion of at least three articles on the concept selected for this assignment. Themes, ideas, or facts about the concept found in the reviewed literature are presented in an organized fashion. Note: research articles about the concept are the best kind of article for a literature review.
The steps in a concept analysis include:
1. selection of a concept used in a nursing theory
2. identification of the aims or purposes of the analysis
3. a review of selected scholarly literature on the concept
4. identification of possible use of the selected concept
5. determination of defining attributes
6. identification of model cases
7. identification of alternate cases (borderline, related, contrary, invented, and illegitimate cases)
8. identification of antecedents and consequences
9. definition of empirical referents
The paper concludes with a synthesis of the student’s new knowledge about the concept. The scholarly literature is incorporated throughout the analysis.
Criteria for Content
1. Introduction includes statements on the process of concept analysis, identifies the nursing concept and nursing theory from which it was obtained, and relates the main topics of the paper. A list of possible concepts is provided below. A substantive discussion of each of the following elements is present. All elements are supported by scholarly literature
a. One aim or purpose of the analysis
b. A review of scholarly literature (minimum of three articles)
c. Two possible uses of the concept
d. Two defining attributes
e. Two model cases
f. Two of the following alternative cases: borderline, related, contrary, invented, or illegitimate
g. One antecedent and one consequence
h. Two empirical referents
2. Concluding statements present the writer’s new knowledge on the concept acquired as a result of writing the paper
Criteria for Format and Special Instructions
1. One of the textbooks required for this course may be used as one of the required references for this assignment (not necessary).
2. Title page, body of paper, and reference page must be in APA format (6th edition)
3. A minimum of 3 scholarly sources on the concept are required.
4. The paper (excludes the title page and reference page) must be a minimum of 6 pages and no longer than 8 pages.
5. Ideas and information from professional sources must be cited correctly.
6. Grammar, spelling, punctuation, and citations are consistent with the writing style specified in the 6th edition of the APA manual.
Walker, L. O & Avant, K. C. (2010). Strategies for theory construction in nursing (5th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall
Possible Concepts (These concepts are not required; students may select one of these concepts or find another concept in any nursing theory)
• Cleanliness of environment
• Patient Assessment
• Self-care deficit
• Behavioral system
• Boundary lines
• Open system
• Patient Centered Care
• Caring • Adaptation
• Energy conservation
• Activities of living
• Actual caring occasion
• Energy field
All of these concepts were selected from grand and middle-range theories presented in the course texts.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.