choose a firm
A key requirement is for students to gain access to managers at a firm (small or large) with significant activities in technological or process innovation. Their brief is to interview managers at the firm to understand innovation “in practice”. The exercise is intended to be a learning opportunity for students to
– explore the main lessons of the module;
– to develop questions for the managers based on what they have learned;
– to interview manager(s), and then to document how they could apply, are applied and could be improved upon in a particular company.
This is an opportunity to examine how managing innovation and/or entrepreneurship works “in practice” building on the experience of managers. Guidance on format for each item will be provided in class.
There are three tasks designed to consolidate learning from the module which includes the following elements:
1) Identify a firm of your choice with one or more managers willing to be interviewed (for 1 – 1.5 hours) for your class assignment. While you can choose the firm, there are a number of constraints; most important, the firm must be built around one or more innovative technologies or processes as a source of its competitive advantage (i.e. not strictly service firms or consulting firms and could also be a social enterprise). Similarly, there are few constraints on who you interview, only that the manager must have responsibility for innovation i.e. Managing Director, Chief Technology Officer, Head of R&D, Chief Operating Officer, Head of Engineering, etc. You are allowed to do the interview in a group of two but all submissions and discussions are individual.
2) Develop a list of questions to ask the manager, designed to capture the lessons and key practices from the module (i.e. the creativity, entrepreneurship and innovation processes for exploring, structures and incentives for executing innovations etc.). These questions should be structured so that you can address whether the various creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship practices covered in the module are used, how they are organized, what are their strengths, what are their limitations in the “real world.” (Submitted as Part A of the assignment) – Maximum 1500 words
3) Write up an analysis of your interview(s) including background information about
– the firm (age, size, technology, market application, stage in the innovation cycle-if appropriate),
– the themes that influence your questions, your assessment of the firm’s strengths and weaknesses in implementing “best practices” for the aspect of innovation covered in the Module (
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.