Audit and corporate governance
ASSIGNMENTS AND GUIDELINES
Written Assignment Individual (30% weighting)
Please take note that this is an INDIVIDUAL assignment.
In the planning stage of an audit, it is important that you assess the audit risks – especially the inherent risks – of your audit client. CIMB Bank Berhad the second largest Malaysian bank by assets – RM414b as at 31 December 2014 – provides an interesting case study for illustrating the importance of assessing such risks.
Students will be required to assess and evaluate CIMB Bank from an auditing perspective, and:
1. Identify what you consider to be any five (5) key inherent risk factors that
could have an impact on the audit of CIMB Bank for the year ending 31st December 2015. For each of the inherent risk factors identified, state why you
consider the issue may create the risk of potential misstatement in the financial
statements of CIMB Bank for the year ending 31st December 2015. Also, identify any information (audit evidence) you would have gathered during the audit to establish the true nature and effect of the inherent risks you have identified.
2. Based on the information that you have collected in answering question 1 (above), explain and justify your overall assessment of inherent risk for CIMB Bank. Using the audit risk model and the risk factors that you have identified above, discuss how your assessment of inherent risk will impact on the evidence mix for the planning of the audit of CIMB Bank.
The report should not exceed 2,500 words (excluding appendices). It must be word-processed. The report must include an accurate word count. The marking criteria and the self-assessment form for the report are detailed on the attached schedules.
Presentation of Assignment
• The report format is formal. You should prepare a clear, well-structured report complying with the assignment requirements with proper English writing style and language.
• The pages of the report should be numbered sequentially (e.g., 1, 2, 3 or page 1 of 12, page 2 of 12, page 3 of 12, etc.).
• The assignment must be prepared in 1.5 line spacing on single-sided pages with 3cm left and right margins, respectively, and 2.5cm top and bottom margins, respectively. The font type is Times New Roman and font size is 12.
• A list of references should be attached to the end of the report.
• A completed Modular Program Assignment Cover Sheet with the names and signatures of group members should be attached securely to the front of the report before submission.
Referencing and Plagiarism
You must ensure that you comply with Harvard referencing conventions in preparing this assignment and that plagiarism is not an issue. You are expected to adhere to high standards of academic integrity and all assignments submitted for this module may be checked for plagiarism using text comparison software, such as Turnitin in TIMeS, and other means.
It is your responsibility to make sure you understand plagiarism, so that you do not present any assessment containing plagiarism. Plagiarism is regarded as a serious issue within the university system with severe consequences for students who have been found to plagiarise.
Subject to any specific requirements of external validating or professional bodies, where a student is found to have committed an assessment offence a decision must be taken either to take no further action or to impose an appropriate penalty which may include failing the student and determining whether or not the student will be permitted another assessment attempt.
Where it is decided that penalty is to be imposed, the penalty could include one of the following:
a) the mark for the assignment be reduced; or
b) the mark awarded for the assignment be reduced to zero; or
c) the student be deemed to have failed the module, and is not permitted for another assessment attempt for the module.
Submission of Assignment
Students are expected to present a paper of professional quality. Prior to submission of the assignment, check to ensure that at the very least all aspects of the requirements have been addressed, and that there are no spelling and grammatical errors.
GUIDANCE ON MARKING – INDIVIDUAL ASSIGNMENT
Criteria Marks Maximum
1. Identifying of inherent risks
Use of an auditing perspective:
• Inherent risks are specific and provide a detailed
explanation of the potential misstatement (broad issues will
not accrue any marks)
• Reference to applicable Auditing Standards 60 marks
• Identifying the evidence needed to assess the inherent risk
identified (again, this must be specific to CIMB Bank)
• Using the research from question 1 to identify specific
inherent risk factors applicable to CIMB Bank
• Identifying 5 inherent risk factors
2. Assessment of inherent risk and impact on the evidence mix
• Overall assessment of inherent risk based on information
• Assessment focuses on areas of particular risk revealed by
previous research so as to deal with forming an opinion in 20 marks
regards to inherent risk
• Discussion of the audit risk components and the components
of the audit risk model
• Conclusions consistent with matters discussed / identified in
3. Good Presentation
• Clarity and ease of assimilation and understanding. Good
structure and logical flow of arguments that carries the 5 marks
• Clear referencing – Harvard style 5 marks
• For following the brief – eg: adhering the word limit, on-time
submission, cleanliness, adequate research, good English 10 marks
TOTAL MARKS 100 marks
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.