Assignment #3: ELL Assessment Plan Case Study
Key Assessment for Accomplished Practice 4/ Quality of Instruction – Assessment
Today’s classroom teachers are expected to possess the knowledge and skills to meet the needs of all students. In our diverse and inclusive classrooms, meeting the needs of all children, including those who are culturally/linguistically diverse, is a challenge facing teachers in all learning environments. To address these challenges, classroom teachers are required to use differentiated instruction, and provide evidence that RTI (Response To Instruction) is being actively implemented in their classrooms. Each classroom teacher is expected to know that RtI is the practice of providing high quality, differentiated instruction and interventions that are matched to students’ individual needs. Furthermore, it means monitoring the students’ progress frequently to make informed decisions about changes in instructional methods and/or goals and objectives. The capability to collect data via tests score reporting and then to analyze and apply this data to inform educational decision-making is a routine expectation of a classroom teacher.
Begin by locating a diverse classroom environment of regular education and ELL students where you will be able to: confer with the teacher to analyze and interpret data from multiple curricular-based and/or other test scores; develop an individualized plan (or intervention plan) for two identified ELL students; provide recommendations for follow-up if needed; and design a plan to share the test results and recommendations with parent(s)/caregiver(s) and/or parent(s)/caregiver(s) and student (depending on grade level) in collaboration with the classroom teacher.
This assignment has six steps.
1. Analyze data. In cooperation with the classroom teacher, analyze the data from multiple
curriculum-based and/or other test scores for two students in the class. Utilize the data derived from those scores to diagnose the individualized learning needs of two students. (FEAP a.4.a/FPEC 4.1, 8.6/ INTASC 1a.p, 8e.p)
2. Formative and summative assessments. Employ effective research skills to identify key sources of information to determine what instructional methods have been successful for students whose learning needs are similar to those in your data analysis and how progress was monitored. Identify the approach/method(s) and model(s) that you would use with the two students, based on your research. For example, identify review materials for students, such as Learn about FCAT (http://www.testtools.com/fcat/fcat.shtm) and Understanding FCAT Reports (http://www.firn.edu/doe/sas/fcat/fcrpdes.htm). How can these documents be used to improve test-taking skills? (FEAP a.4.b/FPEC 4.2/INTASC 6b.p, 6o.k, 6t.d)
3. Monitor student progress. Identify two standards-based (e.g., Florida Standards, Common Core Standards) learning objectives for each student. Determine how the progress of each student should be monitored, and describe the methods you would use, including at least one formative and one summative test for each student, which are based on research. (FEAP a.4.c/FPEC 4.3/INTASC 6b)
4. Modify and accommodate. Include recommendations for accommodations and/or modifications of the tests and/or of the setting, based on the student’s learning style and unique needs. Develop at least two sample activities per objective that could be implemented that support the learning of each student. Determine what possible additional instructional methods and/or resources you would recommend to meet the
needs of those students identified as needing further assistance, if what you have
proposed does not provide adequate assistance for the unique learning needs of those
students. Include consideration of the classroom teachers, parent(s)/caregiver(s) and/or
student’s perspective when proposing your recommendations. (FEAP a.4.d/FPEC 4.4, 7.5/INTASC 6h.p, 6p.k, 6u.d)
5. Share assessment outcomes. Write a plan to share your interpretation of the test results, individualized plan, and recommendations with the parent(s)/caregiver(s) and/or parent(s)/caregiver(s) and the student (depending on grade level). If you are able to conduct this meeting, with written permission of the parent(s) /caregiver(s), tape record the conference and submit a written transcription of the conversation. If a parent-teacher conference is not possible, write a dialog, in collaboration with the classroom teacher, for a mock conference. (FEAP a.4.e/FPEC 4.5, 7.3/INTASC 6f.p, 6v.d).
6. Apply technology. Use technology to prepare a concise written report summarizing each step of this assignment. Remember to include: a discussion regarding how your data analysis was the driving force behind each step of the proposed individualized plan, or intervention plan; graphs, charts, and/or rubrics developed to document progress; a transcript of the parent/teacher conference or mock conference; and your reflective insights in the conclusion. Include a reference list for all cited sources. (FEAP a.4.f/FPEC 4.6/INTASC 6i.p, 6o.k)
Assignment #3: ELL Assessment Plan Case Study (35 points)
Key Assessment for Accomplished Practice 4/ Quality of Instruction – Assessment
Key Assessment 4 (Critical Task IV) (Assessment) Element Exceeded
a. Analyze data
(FEAP a.4.a/FPEC 4.1, 8.6/ INTASC 1a.p, 8e.p) The candidate provides evidence of the ability to analyze data from multiple assessments to diagnose two ELLs’ learning needs. The candidate writes two learning objectives for each student, and designs instruction to support the students’ achievement of those objectives. The candidate explains how instruction is determined, based on those needs.
b. Design formative and summative assessment
(FEAP a.4.b/FPEC 4.2/ INTASC 6b.p, 6o.k, 6t.d) The candidate provides evidence of designing and aligning formative and summative assessments that match all of the learning objectives that would determine mastery. The
designs are based on cited research
c. Monitor student progress
(FEAP a.4.c/FPEC 4.3/ INTASC 6b) The candidate provides evidence of the use of more than five assessment tools to monitor ELL student progress.
d. Modify and accommodate
(FEAP a.4.d/FPEC 4.4, 7.5/ INTASC 6h.p, 6p.k, 6u.d) The candidate describes and explains the reason(s) for modifications to assessments and/or testing conditions to accommodate learning styles and varying levels of knowledge. The candidate cites the research that supports these choices and describes the collaboration with the classroom teacher.
e. Share assessment outcomes
(FEAP a.4.e/FPEC 4.5, 7.3/ INTASC 6f.p, 6v.d). The candidate provides a written plan to communicate the assessment results that was developed in collaboration with the classroom teacher. The discussion points would stress the importance of the results and explain the planned intervention to the ELL and parent/caregiver. The candidate’s submission includes a transcription of an actual meeting with the student, parent, and teacher or a dialogue that could occur, based on the information provided by the classroom teacher.
f. Apply technology
(FEAP a.4.f/FPEC 4.6/INTASC 6i.p, 6o.k) The candidate explains how technology would be used to organize assessment information, modify the assessment process and/or the testing conditions, and integrate assessment information into the planning process. The assignment was submitted on time.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.