Page length – 3 to 4 pages (required cover sheet and References list not included in page count)
We recently looked at Steve Jobs’ speech, “How to Live Before You Die” and read Jeff Haden’s “Do What You Love? Screw That.” Given that a career can last 40 years or more, deciding our college major and what type of career to have after graduation is an enormous decision for a young person. What if doing what you love means you’ll earn a lot less over your lifetime? What if doing what you love means you’ll have a difficult time finding work or might have to move far from family and friends. Of course, working for love OR money doesn’t have to be mutually exclusive. What about selecting a major or occupation because it NEEDS doing, or selecting a job because it is valued by your parents, society, or yourself? What about working a job that is really boring but pays you well enough to afford a big home in California, a really sweet sports car, or an international vacation every year?
Criteria you’ll be graded on
A focused, well-defined problem and thesis (introduction/thesis)
– Use an example, anecdote, statistic, or interesting quote to get started.
– Provide enough detail about the subject so that someone who has not much experience with this issue
can still understand your paper.
– Present an arguable thesis with your reasons and counterargument previewed in it
Interest readers in your issue and position (support/content) – A well-argued position
– Use a variety of strategies to argue a position
– Present numerous reasons (logical/logos, moral/ethos, emotional/pathos) as to why you think your
position is the stronger position.
– Address either a counterargument (the other side to the story) and/or address weaknesses in your own
A clear, logical organization (structure)
– Use transition words and sentences
– Most paragraphs should have topic sentences
– Reasons to support your argument should be arranged in a logical order
– Refer back to earlier examples, often bringing your paper or paragraph full circle by referring to an
example at the beginning of the paper or paragraph.
– conclusion does not merely restate your thesis but leaves the reader with further “food for thought.”
Uses references wisely
– Includes both paraphrases and quotes from one or more sources
– Information from sources is presented accurately
– Uses signal phrases to introduce quotes and paraphrases (no drop quotes)
Clarity and style
– No awkward sentences, vocabulary is appropriate, sentences neither too choppy, too wordy, or overly long.
Proper grammar, punctuation, and vocabulary
Proper APA style
– Proper APA formatting, including a cover page (which does NOT count towards your page minimum)/ – Proper APA in-text citations for all paraphrases and direct quotations from the article.
– A references page in correct APA format (which does NOT count towards your page minimum).
“Do What You Love? Screw That” by Jeff Haden “How to Live Before You Die” by Steve Jobs
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.