A discussion of factors affecting firms and their activities
Working individually, your assignment is to research three different articles from the UK national press, that enable you to apply business and economic theory, in a
discussion of current business issues, in the UK economy.
The aim of this assignment is to assess your knowledge and understanding of the theory, together with your ability to apply theoretical concepts to business
situations, in a written report.
The assignment tasks
• Produce a report 1500 to 2000 words long.
The word count does not include citations, references, bibliography or appendices.
You will be penalised if you stray outside of +/- 10% of this word count.
• The report should consist of a discussion of three news items.
Each item must concern a specific firm or organisation. You should ensure that each news item illustrates a different firm/ organisation and a different business
• Article 1 must identify a firm which has undergone change e.g. managerial change, an increase / decrease in profitability, product or market differentiation,
size or orientation of firm. This list is not exclusive.
• Article 2 must identify a firm which has which has been affected by an external factor P, E, S, T or L. The effect may be positive or negative. (This
excludes the ethical factor, E)
• Article 3 must discuss an ethical issue affecting a company’s image and operations, positively or negatively.
• These articles must come from daily newspapers (The Times, The Financial Times, The Guardian, The Telegraph, The Independent). An electronic version of each
article must be filed in the appendix of the report. The newspapers can be dated anytime between August 1st 2014 and Feb 1st 2015. The articles may be taken from any
combination of newspapers. They can be from the same issue or completely different ones, the same newspaper. They must be from the date range and newspapers stated
• The purpose of the report is to discuss three business issues, occurring in the UK economy between August 1st 2014 and February 1st 2015,
• Produce your report in a clear structured way, follow this format:
– A front cover to your report, with your name, Id number and the title
– The contents page should identify each article by reference to its title, newspaper used, with date, reporter and page number.
– The introduction outlines the business environment in the UK and the theory contained in the report..
– The findings of the report has three subsections, each starts with a clear heading, taken from the newspaper title of the article. This is followed by an
explanation of the case, analysis of the main factors and evaluation of the issue. The higher marks are awarded for work which is analytical and evaluative.
– The conclusion reviews the work and highlights the more important elements emerging from the research.
– The reference list must match the citations given in the body of the report. References must be written using the Harvard Referencing system.
– The appendix must contain only material which has direct relevance to and supports statements made in the body of the work. Copies of the three news items are
filed, in order and numbered.
The BS 4103 text book by John Sloman etal and other publications such as The Business Environment, edited by Rob Watkins, are useful academic resources for this
Research for the articles will be from the designated newspapers. Other useful resources can be found via the LRC on-line business portal.
Your report will be marked with regard to the following:
• Ability to produce a written report and to follow the assignment instructions.
• Ability to communicate information and concepts in a clear way.
• Ability to use appropriate terminology.
• Ability to apply theory in the discussion of current issues in the UK market.
• Knowledge with respect to the specific cases chosen and theory applied.
• Understanding of the concepts displayed by applying them in a clear and relevant way. This high level marking criteria allows credit for evaluation and
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT ?
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.